Eleven you ask? Most of these types of lists are ‘ten’. I even have one myself. There is such a variety of experiences I feel should be had by not just every woman, but everyone. Here is a list of eleven more things I’ve added to the list of should dos.
- Setting up a tent completely on your own. This leads to quite a feeling of accomplishment if you’ve never done it.
- Starting a campfire from scratch; no firestart sticks, newspaper, just what is provided by nature.
- Drinking your tea/coffee around a campfire (one of my favorites).
- Summiting that mountain, whatever size it may be.
- The scent of evergreens blowing in the breeze.
- A whispering creek telling bed time stories as you drift into dreamland.
- Chopping wood, can be difficult but rewarding.
- Cooking anything over the fire.
- That moment of peace when you gaze out into nature, feeling the breeze caress your skin while the birds and squirrels hold their conversations. This can be done almost anywhere, even your own backyard.
- Ice cold creek water running between your toes.
- Cool grass, soft mud, sun warmed river rocks under your bare feet. This makes me feel so connected, when my feet can touch the earth sans coverings.
Most of these items bring upon a sense of accomplishment for me, no matter how many times I do them. Not because I’m a ‘girl’ that was able to chop my own firewood or set up my own tent, but because I am proud of who I am, and the things I can do for myself. I’m not afraid of a little hard work, and am usually fairly good about asking for help when needed (although I have been known to be quite stubborn). I ask you to try new things, to challenge yourself. You might just be surprised at what you can do.
Are there items on your ‘Experiences List’ you’d like to share? Please, send ’em in!